In my previous article how to increase concentration in studies I explained how distraction can decrease your concentration while studying and how there are several types of distractions and you may have more than one kind of distractions.
Apparently, decreasing distractions will definitely increase your concentration.
So now do you think that there are certain people with certain concentration powers whom can sit for long hours concentrating on their studies, do you have that illusion of the power thing that may make you fail to increase you concentration rather than increase your performance? Be aware of this power thing, because there in noone who have better powers than others, I am not trying to tell you that there are nothing called powers in any field but there are people with more knowledge, that know more than others about success because of their knowledge and here we can say knowledge is power for anyone, so concentration is nothing but knowledge - you will have - reading this post.
How To Concentrate Better While Studying
- Indulge in studying: How can you indulge in studying? Have you ever think abour this? You should search about something you get indulged in and connect what you are studying with it, for example you may like car models, so connecting studies with car models will make you more concentrate in it, like connecting Ferrari, Mercedes and BMW and imagining them with the sentence "far more than you imagine and beyond" far for Ferrari, more for Mercedes and beyond for BMW and by this way you will be able to remember the sentence by heart. (To know more read: The Elementary Blocks To Visualize While Studying)
- Open your mind: Open your mind to think freely in whatever things you want and linking it to what you are studying, you can connect numbers with things you eat, characters with things you wear and whenever you find you cannot connect a word with a thing, just divide this word into characters and connect each character with something you can remember, for example: you can remember the word "heart" by separating the letters "h" to a chair because the h looks like a chair, "e" with an eye because the e looks like an eye, the "a" with a pregnant old lady and finally the "t" with the "+" plus sign.
- Sit in a quiet place: Sure sitting in a quiet place without distractions make you focus more and decreases noise distraction, but there are more types of distractions that you should take into consideration, like thoughts distractions which is the most powerful distraction and others, and to decrease thoughts distractions you should relax your mind from thinking about studying by taking a 10 to 15 minutes break each hour of studying so that you remove all studying thoughts from your mind and think on anything else different than studying, this way you will decrease thoughts distractions.
- Control your mind: A scientific fact proved that concentration happens naturally, you focus on something by nature, you don't have to exert any effort to focus on your studies or anything, but a recent study showed that if you stop wandering around with your thoughts so that you think about what you study only, will increase your concentrations towards what you are studying.
- Focus more by using your mind only: Stop using calculators and use your mind instead to calculate numbers, read more in the subject that you are interested in and watch movies and documentary about other subjects, the more you simplify the way you study the better you concentrate, so by using your mind and the book only you can increase your concentration.
- Talk about the subject: It is known that when the jar is full of water it spilt water when more water is added to the jar. The same way goes for your mind, the more you talk about what you studied the more you free some space in your mind so that you can study more.
How To Concentrate Better While Studying
These are some ways to make you concentrate better while studying, hope you enjoy and practice these points, wish you all the best and please share the word with others on Facebook, twitter and real life :)